Wednesday 11 September 2013

Cinnamon Blossoms

It was a dull, drizzly day here so I found myself in the mood for the smell of cinnamon baking throughout the house.  Nothing smells more like fall to me....yummy!!

I pulled out some of my mom's old cookbooks and quickly decided on this recipe:

Cinnamon Blossoms

                2 cups flour               
  1/2 cup margarine
           4 tsp baking powder        
 1 cup milk
1/2 tsp salt
-----------
2 tbsp margarine (melted for dipping)
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon

Combine flour, baking powder and salt.  Cut in margarine.  Stir in milk with fork to 
make a soft dough.  
Knead with hands, adding a little flour, if required. 
Roll out on floured surface to 1/2 inch thick.  
Cut with a 2-3 inch bun cutter.  
Brush with melted margarine and dip  each bun in a mixture of 
1/3 cup sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon.  
Snip each bun almost to center into 5 petals.  
Place half of a cherry in center.  
Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes at 350*F for 10-12 minutes.

Here's are step-by-step snaps of how mine turned out.....





 


Yummy!!!!!

Cheers
:o)

4 comments:

  1. it is hot and humid here and I just love your dull drizzly day baking post..I swear I cooled off just pretending that I was there and those look oh so good : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is hot and humid here and I just love your dull drizzly day baking post..I swear I cooled off just pretending that I was there and those look oh so good : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmmmmm... I can almost smell that cinnamon! One of my favorite smells!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got to make these for the holidays!!! They are so pretty and we are lovers of cinnamon rolls in this house. :)
    Marie

    ReplyDelete